I Survived the Snow Storm





I was lucky to got stuck in Jacksonville, Florida during the snow storm in the east coast that happened in January 2016. 

My flight was going to New York, so my trip was cancelled.  I took the opportunity to visit my good friends, went to Sunday church with them and had an afternoon of eating and chatting. It's great to have long layover and nice to see friends.



Looking back, a big snow storm had paralyzed New York in January 2015. I want to remember this day as well. That time, I was stuck in New York City and it was the first time that I saw JFK empty. We played around.  All flights were cancelled so we had to stay in the hotel. Despite the bad condition, it's always nice to be with nice crew and two of my favorites, Erica and First Officer Nomar.

I took photos of the blizzard and submitted them on CNN iReport. They got vetted and asked my permission if they could use my photos on CNN news. Of course, I said yes. Later that night, a friend told me that she saw my photo with my name on Fox channel as well. 

I don't get paid sharing my photos with media, but I enjoy doing it. This is why I take photos. They can be useful and they give us memories.