"Every Day Sunshine"


Montreal airport


My family and friends know me as a person who loves sunset.

I just finished a 4 day trip on CRJ 200, with trips back and fort Montreal - JFK - Cleveland.  After having done 200 trips lately, I am proud to say that I enjoy doing it now.

On November 14, I started my day from Montreal bright and early.   The fact that our hotel is at the airport, I was still rushing that morning. The TSA line was a little slow because in front of me was couple of wheelchair passengers.  I was a little stressed, and decided to be proactive to call crew scheduling and let them know that I am running a little late.  I like the gate agents in Canada. They are nice and don't give us a hard when we don't show up exactly on time.

I started boarding, with no more stress.  One wheelchair passenger boarded first and I helped her settled on her seat.  Then the second one boarded, and greeted me back saying that I am an "every day sunshine." He said that he was on my flight the other day to Montreal. He was complimenting me.

My first flight to Montreal when I was new was memorable.  I unknowingly lost my wallet with my permanent resident card prior to the day of my trip, and had to deal with the US Immigration Officers. I will never forget that.

So far, I haven't had any bad flights to and from Montreal.  Most passengers are usually travelling to other countries via JFK, some of them are snow birding somewhere and some are business people.

Stress is part of this job. However, stress can be temporary.  It's a matter of choice.  We get over it and move on to the next thing to do for the day. That is supposed to be the case.

Getting a compliment that I am an "every day sunshine" is flattering.  It's one of the best compliments I have had. When passengers are nice, the level of my stress go down, and when I am tired my energy level goes up.

I love sunset but I love sunshine, too.  It's not because of this compliment, but I believe that the sun shining in the morning means the beginning of a new day, with new hope and new blessings.

It is not every day that the sun is shining. There are stormy days. The storm will pass and we'll see the sun shine again. There are also gloomy or cloudy days. But at the end of the day, we may see a beautiful sunset.  And sometimes, there are days when we see a beautiful rainbow in the sky!

Montreal airport