Who Needs a Mentor?



I think we all do. 

When the company offered the Special Assignment Flight Attendant Inspire Mentor position, I knew that it is one of the things I would love to do. I expressed my interest and they selected me to be one of the mentors. I am grateful and honored.

Our role is to successfully guide, support and counsel new flight attendants following completion of their initial operating experience, as well as other seasoned flight attendants who would want to benefit from mentorship. Our role is focused on the growth of flight attendants.

To have a personal or professional mentor is always a good thing. John Maxwell says, "The most valuable thing you have to give is yourself. Find someone to pour your life into."

When I started this job, I didn't want to involve with other positions that I was encouraged to do.  I told myself that I just want to be a regular flight attendant and be the best in what I do. But decisions change.  I became enthusiastic to share my skills and experiences, to help in ways that would benefit other flight attendants, as well as the company.

We all have different talents, skills and experiences. We have different personalities that match with different roles.  We all have a role to play.

These other mentors have their own talents, skills, great personalities, and experiences that they can share.  I am honored to be selected at par with them. I admire and look up to them as my role models as well.

I have a big mentor. Her name is Oprah. She inspires me with her deeds and words of wisdom. And I always borrow these words from her - "Live Your Best Life."

When you help someone succeed, you also become successful. I know this for sure. I am passionate and proud of what I do.  I am committed to be a mentor to anyone.