ISOLATION

 

The year 2020 was unprecedented. It was a sad time of loss, and isolation was normal.

Who got COVID-19? We all want to know the answer to this common question, and the COVID-19 test result is something we fear finding out. 

It was my first day of work on January 11, 2022, and I felt a little sick.  I rarely get sick, and I know when there's something odd in me. After I landed in Raleigh, Durham, North Carolina, I decided to have myself tested.  Thanks to my friend, Nestor, who spared me a test kit. And there you go, COVID-19 positive happened to me, too. Mind you, I had my COVID-19 vaccine last year. Where do I get the virus? Who knows where?

My employer sent me to a hotel that afternoon, and I was isolated for five days.

During the first three days of isolation, my body was weak, and I had no energy to do anything; hence, I stayed in bed the whole day and night. No laptop work for me, as my mind was not functioning as my body. On the fourth day, I felt my legs were swollen from having no activity.  Can you imagine if you're sick for a month and bedridden? That must be brutal!

I had food delivery every other day. Thanks to my daughter, who bought my initial food supply, and my employer, who also covered my food costs for three days. It was the first time I tried garlic on honey to help cure my cough and sore throat.  The feeling of you wanted to get well because you're getting tired of being sick, so you're trying your best to cure yourself. 

How do you feel when you are isolated? What do you do? 

Is there something good about being isolated for a short time?  The answer for me is yes.  Sometimes we need to be isolated from people to prioritize ourselves or maybe meditate.  It's not all bad anyway. 

The view from my isolation or quarantine hotel room was nature and the planes passing by.  If we think about it, doing nothing is good for the mind and soul.