A Written Message of Inspiration




One of the things I love about this job is that I meet nice people from different backgrounds.

Her name is Elhm, she's from Saudi Arabia travelling with her husband and son. She's studying English in the US and aspires to be a Social Worker in her country.  She asked me to write something on her journal that will motivate her. So I did, without any hesitation.

This is what I wrote:

It's our pleasure to have you and your family on our flight from Detroit to JFK on December 2, 2015.

It is very impressive to know that you came to the US to study English in order to fulfill your dream in becoming a social worker.  I wish you the best in attaining your dream, and may you be successful with your career.  I can see you as a successful social worker in the near future. Good luck and more power.

We hope that you enjoyed your flight with us. It was very nice meeting you, and thank you for letting me do this.

- - -
end of my message
- - -

We never know the backgrounds of most our passengers, until we started talking to them or when they started sharing it with us. We have different nationalities, cultures, religions, backgrounds and personalities.  We don't judge a person by how they dress or by their accent.

I always say that I have accent and I am proud of it. And I do always say that I am a certified Filipina. We don't judge people and passengers by their backgrounds. Everyone is different. We all have dreams and inspirations

I was impressed with Elhm, and she inspires me!