Celebrity Day




"Can I have a photo with you?"

Taking photos of places, things and people is part of who I am. And being vain in pictures is something I know I have to change. 

Today was one of the days that I felt like I was not the best me. In fact, I didn't get enough sleep the night before because of too much coffee. But since it was a "go home" day, my spirit was high, and my mood was upbeat.

Surprisingly, I had two passengers on two separate flights who wanted to have a photo with me. I was flattered that they wanted to remember me with a picture. Having a passenger who tried to have a photo with me was not new, but two passengers in one day weren't normal. 

I don't want to miss photos of good memories. If you're like me, I tend to forget things or people, but when I see them in pictures, I remember them. According to a study, looking at beautiful memories would make you happy. So this is what I do, sometimes. 

We never know how people perceive us, how we look, or how we act and show ourselves. There is a truth that how we see ourselves is more important than how others see us. But how we see ourselves sometimes differs from how people see us. Therefore, it is important that we should know ourselves and should not be intimidated by how people negatively judge us. 

Confidence and self-esteem matter. Being authentic attracts people.

I met a new friend on this flight, his name is John. A nice, well-traveled, soft-spoken gentleman sitting in first-class complimented me. During the flight, he approached me and asked if he could have a photo with me to remember me. I said, Wait! I don't like selfies. Once we are on the ground, I will ask our captain to take our photo. 

We landed, and after the captain took our photo, he asked me who the guy was and why I wanted to take a picture with him. I told him, excuse me, it's the other way around. He wanted to have a photo with me instead. Then we laughed. 

On the same day, this lady from Lagos, Africa, was going home. She was friendly and requested a photo with me. So, of course, I said, sure, why not?

I meet friendly people like them on this job. Some of them stay in touch, and I hope to see them again on another flight or somewhere down the road.  

John and this lady from Africa made me feel like it was my "celebrity day."