She Got Wings




Making other people feel important or special no matter who they are and what they do is something that I practice doing.

During my layover in Texas, this girl was diligently doing her job setting up the breakfast counter. She's charming, polite, shy, and could barely speak English. I try hard to use my minimal Spanish language when meeting people who only speak Espanol. So, I talked to her in Spanish and pinned a flight attendant wing on her shirt. She was thankful and gave me a friendly smile. 

She may not express herself well verbally, but she's good at what she does. A simple person with a simple life and maybe dreams. I hope I made her feel special that day. 

People have different backgrounds, experiences, skills, talents, education, financial status, and personality. Some people prefer a simple living, and others have no choice.

Sometimes simple life is what we need in this complicated world.