It Was Once A Dream





In August 2010 during the time when there was still CNN iReport, and I was active writing, they had the assignment "What did you want to be when you grew up?"

So, I wrote this piece, entitled "High Profile Attendant"  . . .

When I was young, I wanted to become a Flight Attendant or more popularly known as Flight Stewardess. I wanted to travel the world and see the beauty of other countries.
 
My first attempt to apply as a Flight Attendant during my earlier years was a failure.  I was not qualified physically because I was short of 1 inch.  My lack of swimming skill was another reason. Despite my lack of qualifications, I believe that I have some skills that a Flight Attendant should have. I am a people person, and I give high regard to excellent customer service.  I am outgoing and versatile.

My dream profession was a failure. Nevertheless, my failure didn’t stop me from achieving some things in life.  I may not have travelled the world as a Flight Attendant, but I have travelled many parts of the world on my own.

Travelling is one of my passions.  I am always excited when I have an upcoming trip, and I am always excited to ride a plane.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment and happiness.  I believe it is because of my youthful dream that I still keep within me.

I may not have achieved my dream to become a Flight Attendant, but I am grateful for the work and knowledge I have, and the experience of having travelled many places in the world.

(end of my story)

Today, I look back and remember this CNN iReport story.

I know for sure that to dream is a human nature. Dreams do come true. Failure is a test. Timing is a key to success. Believe that some things are possible, as long as there is hard work and faith.

Flight Attendant was once my dream job. Now it is my passion!