Never Quit



What is your favorite wisdom to live by?

In June 2015, I had an elderly woman who has some sight trouble, travelling by herself from Syracuse to JFK on our early morning flight. She's having theraphy in New York, and she does it regularly. She's nice and sweet.

Later that afternoon, I was surprised to see that she's on our flight again, this time from JFK back to Syracuse. She gave me this bracelet and thanked me for taking care of her.  She told me that she volunteers at a hospital and makes bracelet for them.

I  always say that I admire elderly and sick people who travel alone.  They have a lot of courage and determination.

One of the things I love about this job is the people like her that I encounter - those elderly, sick and disabled passengers on our flight.  They can be challenging and a lot more work, but it gives me the opportunity to serve them and be a part of their travel experience. I learn from them as well.

I guess for this elderly woman, her favorite wisdom is "Never Quit."  It is indeed a great one!