A Star



There are times when we feel like a star on our flights.

Passengers were clapping as I got on the plane heading to Raleigh Durham. They were waiting for me not because I was personally late but because of my delayed flight from Jacksonville.

I met Gladys on this flight. She's going to Raleigh to attend her grandson's graduation. Gladys is a retired nurse originally from Haiti, a nice lady.

Weeks ago, I traveled to Haiti and told her about my experience. She noticed my hand's scars and told me it looked like a "star." I told her that it resulted from my inability to cook, and I call it my world map tattooed on my hand.

Gladys called me a star and said, I am sitting with a star. She advised me that it's okay to have that scar and give myself a pat on the back because I am very nice and like a star.

Some people treat us like a star. Thanks, Gladys, for your kind words and for calling me a star.

Speaking of a star, I love gazing in the dark sky at night and waiting for a shooting star. Then when I am lucky to see a shooting star, I always wish and believe my wish will come true.