Sun and Pizza in Ottawa





What do you do when it is your first time in your layover? 

It was my first layover in Ottawa, Canada; I took a bus from the hotel to downtown. It was a bit far but an easy, relaxing ride. 

I discovered Byward Market, a famous place to walk, eat, and shop. Colorful benches were available for people to sit and enjoy the sun. So why don't I sit with the crowd and enjoy the nice
 weather? 

Time for lunch. The pizza place at the corner was inviting, offering half of the price pizza. It was an easy decision for me to join the crowd of pizza and promo lovers. I ordered my favorite pesto pizza, and did I say I finished the whole 12 inches? 
I was originally planning to take half of the pizza for my lunch the next day, but I thought it would be oily and messy, so I ate the whole thin sliced pizza! Did I feel guilty about it? Maybe. I call this day my "splurge on pizza day." The bad thing was, I was so full to buy the famous dessert on the street!

Ottawa is a beautiful, diverse, yet laid-back place to live. My layover experience here was fun and memorable.