A New Year. A New Mindset





Happy New Year to all of us!

Do you have a favorite book that you want to read or carry along with you when you need some motivation, enlightenment, encouragement, or simply give you a little push or lift. 

A passenger was reading this book on one of my flights, and I happened to glance at it. I started a conversation with the couple. I told them that I liked the author and loved motivational books like that. They shared with me some thoughts about the book and on being optimistic. To my surprise, when they were deplaning, the couple handed me the book. So that day was not only an opportunity to meet positive people like them, but I've been blessed with a new book!

When it's a new year, we need a new mindset or maybe a better mindset to improve, grow, or be better human beings. Some of us create new years resolutions. Some have new goals, missions, and dreams to fulfill. 

The cover of the book clearly reads: Empty out the negative. Make room for joy, greater confidence, and new levels of influence. These recommendations are pretty self-explanatory, but they are not easy to follow. So yes, it takes the right mindset.

May this new year be a year of less negativity. Instead, let's be optimistic about ourselves, other people, and our world.