Inspiring the Young Generation

 



Dave has had a passion for aviation since grade school. He wants to be a pilot someday and save money to attend a flight school. 

On his birthday in April, I visited them in Charleston and gifted him my I Love Flying journal. I found out about his passion for aviation. I was impressed with his vast aviation knowledge; even the language he used is the exact terms we use every day at work. We did some role-playing, me as a flight attendant, and he was the pilot flying the plane. He impressed me!


I  bought him a pilot's hat as an additional gift and asked the pilots I worked with to write him a letter. Without hesitation, they gladly did. Dave framed the letters and hung them on his bedroom wall. His mom Bing told me that he was excited and happy. 

I never thought that I Love Flying would turn out to be more than just a gift to this young man who loves aviation. My employer used our photo for Aviation Week. Isn't that something? 



Inspiring the next generation in aviation and anything is what we should all do for their better future. I hope Dave finds his way to his dream.