I Became an Author

When I became a flight attendant in 2012, I told myself, "This is it; this is going to be my retirement job."

I spent my days off traveling and blogging during the first five years.   Then in November 2019, that routine has changed.  But it has changed positively. I was inspired to start writing the book that has been on my vision board. The right timing came to me.


I gave myself a timeline to finish the book. But I didn't meet my initial timeline and had to give myself more time.  My laptop was always open to work during my free time at the airport, and anywhere I am.

No time wasted. There were early mornings when my mind couldn't stop thinking of something to write. There were sleepless nights.

After four months, I finally finished the manuscript.  I did the final proofreading of the printed manuscript on the plane.  I was happy. I was excited but nervous at the same time.

I know I worked hard to finish this book titled "What We Know for Sure: Inspirational Stories of Special Immigrants in America."  My motivation was driving me.


Fresh from the printing press, I held my book with a big smile. At that moment, I became an author. Thank you to those people who helped me and inspired me.

You can be an author, too. If you have a story to tell and if you see yourself having your own book.