A False Fire Alarm



The fire alarm in the hotel went on just before midnight!


On March 1, we overnight in Providence, Rhode Island. I slept early that night because I was tired. My sleep was disturb by a loud fire alarm. I peeked outside my door to see what's happening. Hotel guests were opening their doors and starting to find the exit to the first floor. Two firemen walked by my room and I asked them what's happening. They told me to head outside.


I paused for a second and think of what I had to bring. I put on my shoes and jacket, grabbed my phone and purse, then I headed out. We stayed at the lobby for 15 minutes while they were investigating what's happening. Eventually, we were told that it was a false fire alarm.


Fire or fire alarm would test our quick reaction. It was my first time to have this experience.  Fortunately, it was just a false alarm. This is something that can happen on a plane.  So far, I haven't had any incident on the plane except for a double emergency diversion.  I hope to have a quick reaction and presence of mind when a fire happens. 


The photo above is a sunset in Providence that looks like a fire.