Big Time Veteran On Board


Thank you for your service, Sir!
 
My previous office, The US Department Veterans Affairs in the Philippines is my motivation to recognize and thank our Veterans on board our flight.  I always say that I am not yet an American citizen, but as someone who worked for the US government my whole life, it's my honor and privilege to meet Veterans, acknowledge and thank them for their service.

On October 8, 2015 from JFK to Tampa, we had Mr. Farden, a World War II Veteran. I made an announcement of his presence and thanked him for his service. He's nice and I was privileged to have a photo with him.
 
Back in my embassy days, we always have a big event for Veterans. With a great crew and an extraordinary passenger like Mr. Farden, I considered that day as my Veterans Day on the plane.