Half A Decade



Five years and counting.

I had my 5th anniversary in May 2019. Time flies so fast. I felt like it was just a year ago or two when I had started, so eager to do the job and full of enthusiasm to travel the world. 

Five years have passed. Not just five years, but five interesting years, full of memories. I've met many people, some of whom became my friends. I've gained many experiences; some taught me great lessons, some are funny, some are happy, and some are sad. I've traveled to many beautiful places and countries that gave me wonderful memories.  

As my second and last career, this job has opened many doors for me, including travel opportunities and a year of mentoring and recruiting flight attendants. I am now on the path of opening another door of sharing my beautiful experiences through a book or maybe books.

I am always grateful for the opportunity of being selected from among the applicants who applied for the job. However, Despite the hardships and challenges I encountered, I am more grateful for the blessing of passing the training. 

Every year, we have to go through recurrent training and be re-certified. Re-learning is always a good thing. Of course, anxiety always goes with it, but the fruits of the labor are always beneficial.

I am looking forward to another five years of being a flight attendant. Sharing who I am and what I can do, meeting more people, and traveling more places. 

Being a flight attendant is not a job for me. It is a passion.