Welcome Aboard




"Welcome Aboard" is a famous line in the aviation industry. 

To welcome passengers and welcome them with a smile is a common thing for us to do.  

It is not surprising that not everyone would be responsive to us when we greet them. I always say that we have different personalities and cultures. To some people, greetings are not standard. It is also understandable that some passengers might have personal issues when they board the plane that affects their mood or attitude. It is okay- I try to leave them alone. 

We all have life issues that we try to avoid not bringing to work. I believe that having a happy or welcoming facade when we are stressed, worried, or not feeling well is not easy, even for me. But we are in the hospitality business, so we got to put some clown faces when needed.

The truth is, I tend to show my emotions with my facial expressions. Sometimes, I am good at faking it. Some people who are gifted know how to read expressions and inner feelings. I've met a few who told me how they perceived me that day. Quite surprising, they knew how I was feeling and the authenticity of my character. 

We all have good days and bad days. However, we must strive to be the best of who we are in whatever we do and wherever we are.