Turbulence Pet



Who is not afraid of turbulence?

Flight attendants and flight crew are knowledgeable and trained to face turbulence. However, I can't speak for everyone if they fear turbulence. We have different levels of tolerance.

There are three levels of turbulence - light, moderate and extreme. Obviously, light and moderate are ordinary. Extreme is rare. 

Fortunately, I've never had extreme turbulence in the past years I've been doing this job. Of course, I wouldn't like it to happen, but I have to be confident and prepared when faced with it.

Even in moderate turbulence, we continue to do our job as long as it does not jeopardize our safety and the safety of our passengers. We rely highly on our discretion, making safety our number one priority.

Our flight to Boston this day was turbulent. It was a level between light to moderate - a little alarming. I was almost finishing doing service, and it was getting hard for me, but I tried to finish it quickly. 

Part of our responsibilities is to look up to the safety and comfort of the passengers. So I asked them if they were okay. I saw some with worried faces, but no one was hurt. Some told me their drinks splashed all the way up to the ceiling. This was so far my worst turbulence experience. I am glad everyone was safe.

We experience many bumps in our lives. Sometimes in the middle of good sunny days, we encounter surprising challenges. This turbulence exists to alert us, to wake us up, or merely to test our capacity to handle unexpected challenges that come our way.

This cute toy was a witness to our turbulence that day. These kids didn't like the turbulence, but they survived, and we landed with smiles on their faces.

Is this what we are supposed to be? 

Sometimes we learn from children. For example, they keep their sanity and continue playing and smiling after some distractions. I know it is hard to do, but maybe having this as a state of mind will help us deal with the challenges, problems, bumps, or turbulence in our lives.