Missing Tote Bag




When routine changes, sometimes, things tend to go wrong, at least for me.

There are cases when a nice pilot does us a favor of getting our luggage from the overhead bins when it's time to leave. I appreciate them and always joke that it saves ten percent of my energy. 

On this day, our Captain did it for me. When I do it myself, I usually check around to ensure I don't forget anything. However, because my routine had changed, I didn't have the opportunity to check my other items.  

We arrived at the hotel, and I exclaimed, OMG, where's my tote bag with my laptop and high heel shoes? I left it on the plane! 

I tracked down the plane, hoping the next crew would find it and give it to the gate agent. My prayer was granted. The crew gave it to the gate agent, taking it to the lost and found.

The following morning, I had no time to retrieve it from the lost and found area because it was almost boarding time. Our Captain offered to get it for me; he ran and came back sweating. I appreciated his effort and wrote him a compliment letter. He's a great example of a team player, a leader, and an inspiration to all of us.

I was not only happy to recover my missing tote bag, but I also learned a lesson. Don't we all learn from our experiences?