Too Early For The Wheelchair




It was 6:00 AM in Cincinnati, Ohio,,, and I needed the coffee to keep me awake.

Coffee energizes me in the morning and keeps me sane. It also prevents me from being disabled to use a wheelchair. That was a joke!

One of the challenging parts of being a flight attedant is our schedule. We have early shows, meaning we need to be up at 4:00 AM to be ready for the 5:00 AM hotel pick up to do a 6:00 AM flight. We finish late as well, meaning we can be done at midnight or even past midnight. 

So, yes, flexibility and commitment are important to do this job. 

This kind of lifestyle is not easy in the beginning. You have to get used to it to survive. You have to love it, or at least like it. I suggest, give yourself a year to see if this job is for you. Physical strain or fatigue can happen. Mental, emotional and physical health can be affected if you don't know how to balance. 

I don't need a wheelchair in the morning.  I only need a good coffee, a positive attitude and perspective to start my day.