Initial Trip




When you are a new Flight Attendant, you are on "reserve" and wait for the call of a crew scheduler to give you a trip.

In July 2014, after a couple of days being on reserve and stand by at the airport, I was finally given a 3 day trip with Faye. 

It was exciting but at the same time nerve racking. I told myself - this is it.  This is the real world of being a Flight Attendant. I can't remember any specific scenario we had on the flight.  But what I remember was that I was struggling with alcohol drinks. Because I rarely drink and don't know much about liquors, beers and wines, I was having difficulty identifying and remembering them. 

I was lucky to be paired with Faye.  She was a little senior to me.  She's very nice, encouraging and fun to be with. We were helping each other all throughout the flight. I haven't flown with Faye again, since then. But we became friends.

Our layover was in Arlington, VA. We had some cocktails that night to celebrate our first trip together.

Oh my gosh, look at me here - I was still skinny and 10 lbs lighter!  Well, after two and a half years of doing this job and eating bad food, I obviously gained weight now.

I am glad that I have these photos. It is always nice to remember memorable events and people.  I did enjoy this first trip ever.

When I was new, my knowledge and confidence level were not strong. Now, I am better and more confident - a more experienced Flight Attendant.

I knew then that I would love doing this job.