"Sunny Disposition"




Back in May, the company had a project called "Show Your Wings - Sunny Disposition."  The goal of this initiative is to achieve high level scores in customer surveys thus resulting in great customer service.

The company promotes - "whatever the weather, always  pack a sunny disposition and extend a warm welcome to every passenger."

I didn't have a nice smile on this photo, but I surely did support the project.

They say that a smile is contagious, and it's one of the free things we can give. Sometimes, it's not easy to put a smile on your face when you are tired, having 5-6 flights that day, when it's too late at night due to delays, when you are in front of an annoying or upset passenger, when you are not feeling well, when you are not in the mood or just too early and don't have yet the energy in the morning, or if you're working with a difficult person. However, a fake smile would help.

I try to put in a smile on the job, especially when I work in first class where I welcome passengers. When I greet them, I get different reactions. Some people would respond and give me a smile too, some are busy with their phones, some would give me a nasty look because they were having a bad day or the flight was delayed. The truth is, people notice us and they remember their first impression on the flight, including the physical outlook of the plane as well as the flight attendants.

A couple of times, somebody had told me that I have a nice smile.  I actually doubted it, as I don't have good dentures. And sometimes I give fake (and sarcastic) smiles, too.  As a matter of fact, most of the time, my facial expressions show the way I feel. I get upset, too. But, thanks for the compliments anyway.  Tenisha has a better smile here on the photo. She's one of my favorite girls, too.

We all have good days and bad days. It is easy to give a smile on the job if you love what you do. This job is a very customer oriented job and we need to give our best customer service. It is not always easy.

To keep a sunny disposition at work and in life, is a matter of attitude.