Easter Sunday Story



Here's my Easter Sunday trip to remember . . . . 

Ms. Diana was seated on 5B. I could see her from my jumpseat, bothered, so I watched her while we were taking off. She looked around her seats the whole time, anxious and taking deep breaths. I was guessing that maybe she's one of those nervous flyers, but I was wrong.

I talked to her and learned her sad story. Unfortunately, her dad was involved in stabbing her mother and sister in New York, and her dad is at the hospital for medical treatment. It was a family tragedy all over the local TV news - a story you don't want to hear on Easter Sunday.

The pain in her words and sadness in her eyes was unbearable. I hugged her and wrote her a note. She thanked my flying partner and me for what we did. We landed, and I saw her crying. I felt her pain and gave her another hug before she left. 

Life has unexpected tragedies. They can break us, but if we have faith, it can help us stay strong amid the pain.