Wake Me Up, Please!






One of the challenges of being a flight attendant is coping with a very flexible schedule. 

Our trip from Minneapolis to Rochester was delayed more than three hours. It resulted in our arrival at 2:00 AM and bedtime of 3:00 AM. But, wait, it didn't end there; I had to wake up at 9:00 AM to be at the airport at 10:00 AM.


Not easy, huh? Yes, we have to deal with this kind of scheduling change. 

Despite being tired and because I am paranoid of being late, I was up earlier than expected. I needed a good cup of coffee to face a new day and new challenges - and to wake me up!

Who says I don't get grumpy? I sometimes do. Maybe on this day when I don't get enough sleep and am tired. So get away from me, as I always joke. Because I love my job and signed up for this lifestyle, life must go on. 

It's okay to get frustrated, vent, or complain. We are humans. If we love our job, we can easily cope with the challenges that go with it.