Working Hand




I won the prize of being the "worst cook."

My family and friends know that I don't know how to cook, in other words, I don't like cooking.  I always say that I am not a kitchen person and don't trust me to cook your food. You may not eat it, or just pretend that you like it.

My alibi is that I didn't grow up with my mom cooking.  We usually buy cooked food or easy to cook food because she was working full time. Then when I got married and had kids, we had a maid to cook for us.  Hence, I didn't develop the skills on cooking. Or maybe I just don't have the interest. It is one of my flaws.

It is likely that I may get a burn when I cook. But, keeping the kitchen clean and organized is one of my talents.

Because I love Mexican food, I attempted to cook a beef for my taco.  The result was this hand. I wasn't thinking when I was trying to put the beef on the boiling frying pan and cooking oil. The grease splashed on my left hand and left leg. I even created a smoke alarm in my apartment.

My first reaction was to check google how to deal with it.  I went to shower for 30 mins while I was sobbing in tears.  I didn't go to the emergency, but I bought a first aide medicine.

I worked the following week with a covered hand.  We traveled to Iceland, Seattle, San Francisco and Vancouver with my disgruntled hand.  It didn't stop me for traveling, though.  But it didn't stop me from working either. Passengers ask me what happened to my hand. They empathize with me.

It was a second degree burn and it's healing. It doesn't look nice, but I would say that this is my "imperfection."

Getting burned or injured is something that we don't want to happen.  Accidents are inevitable too. Imperfection is being human.