Do you love your job?



I am often asked by our customers, "do you love your job?" I would respond, Yes! And they would say, "because it shows."

For me, an award is a great motivator.  When we are appreciated and recognized in what we do, we continue to do more and strive more to do our best. We are motivated.

Our company has a recognition program by giving "excellent pins" for corresponding number of letters of appreciation received from customers. After 4 months on this job, I received my first "excellence in service" pin. It was really a surprise for me.  I didn't except that I would get it as early as that. Then every year thereafter, I received 3 more pins. Thank you for the recognition.

I have been asked by some fellow flight attendants how I got those pins. I just tell them that I love what I do.

I remember when I was new, I worked with someone who was a senior flight attendant.  He  told me "to stop being nice." Up to this day, I still remember what he said to me.

Being nice is an easy thing to do.  We may have bad days, but if we love what we do, it is easy to be nice to those people around us. This job can be hard at times and there are challenges that comes with it.

I am passionate on what I do. To be appreciated and recognized are great things to have.