Relocation Team

To relocate is a big decision and a challenge.

In early 2017 I decided to relocate to Jacksonville, FL. I thought that my 5 years living in New York was good enough. When I first started in New York in 2012, I told myself that I will stay there for few years and move somewhere eventually.  I know that I won't stay there long, and will move to a place where life is laid back, no winter weather and snow and where it's more affordable. This was the right time when I decided to do it.

I love New York but it's time to have some changes; a change of a lifestyle. 

I told my friends in Jacksonville about my plan, and they were there for me. Thank you to my special friends who helped me settled in.

Jacksonville has been a part of my flight attendant life. I had my IOE (initial operating experience) here.  IOE is the final part of our training that we have to pass before we officially get our wings. Then, when I started flying and got trips to Jacksonville, I always saw the blue wide sky and colors of the beautiful sunset. When my friends drove me to St. Augustine (the oldest city in the US) I told myself then that this is where I want to relocate.

Looking for a place to live is not easy.  We have considerations, needs, wants and most especially budget issue. We are lucky if we would have everything on our wish list. But we have to make things work.  We may not all have the convenience we want, but what's important is, we have some things that we enjoy. 

Now, I live 2 minute drive away from the beach. My place is my mini getaway after being gone for couple of days. I grab my beach chair, umbrella and my book, soak my feet on the sand, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach.

I call my apartment a "beach house" and I call Neptune beach "my beach." 

I am happy where I am now. This place has a special place in my heart. I will stay here until it's time to move again. Who knows where and when again.