The Jumpseat


Recruitment was part of my flight attendant life for almost 2 years. 

I was once dreamt of this job. I worked hard to get it. And I am now enjoying it.  

The interview process can be nerve racking if you are not used to it.  Even if you are used to the face to face interview, fear can develop depending on your interviewer, even if you have the determination to do your best and get hired.  Preparation and confidence are 2 essential factors to do well and get the job you that you wanted. The recruiters or interviewers play a great part to the confidence and performance of the candidate. 

A couple of times, I have been told by the candidates that I've made them feel relaxed and not nervous. I put myself on the seat of the candidate.  That was just my style. 

The company made some changes on the policy for the recruiters. That change has preempted me to resign as a recruiter. 

It's nice to make a difference when you become a part of someone else' dream job.  That was me then. I am forever be thankful to the recruiter who interviewed me and made me feel at ease, and the recruitment team who did the process of hiring me.

I lost the spark in being a recruiter. I thought I did my best. But I had to quit. I am grateful for the experience as well as the compliments. 

I think I have another calling.