Smile



"Just one smile can change someone's day."

I received this note from my passenger written on a napkin. I am guessing I probably gave him or her (I really can't remember) a smile and it must have made his day.

We never know what a person may have or have been going through. On our flight, I wouldn't know the reason why some people are travelling unless I ask or if they tell me. And if they do, I listen.  Some people need an ear to listen to their stories. They need to vent just to lessen their burden.  They need a smile to change their mood and disposition.

When I am tired and sick or if I have issues that bother me, it is hard to give a smile.  It is hard to project a positive aura if you don't feel it.  However, I try to fake it sometimes.

Whoever wrote me this note, I hope that I was able to changed his day in a positive way. I thank him for this - for reminding me that -- a smile can change someone's day!