"Give "Em The Pickle"


The company hosts an annual event in Minneapolis for flight attendants called "The Experience." This was my second year to attend it, and the theme was "Be The Difference."

This event is partly a customer service training and socialization.  It's a time to see classmates and friends, hear new things about the company and learn new things about customer service.

The video that they showed "Give 'em the pickle" is not new to me.  I first saw that video during my training in Vienna, Austria in 2005 when I was still at the American Embassy.  After coming back from training, I shared my learnings to my former colleagues. From then on I have been practicing the concept of  'giving the pickle.'  I even made my own version of a cheat sheet, kept it and brought it with me. It reminds of my wonderful and first official trip to Europe.

Service, Attitude, Consistency and Teamwork are the principles of "Give 'em the pickle." It's a funny video and a great analogy.

I believe that I am destined to be a flight attendant.  I had a great career with the US government for 22 years, and now doing this job that I love and enjoy.

To give customers the pickle means to be the difference!