FEATURED STORY: One Flight Attendant’s Journey to Achieving the American Dream





American Dream is a famous phrase associated with upward mobility and enough economic success to lead a comfortable life. Many of us associate the phrase with the land of opportunity for immigrants. 

Historically, the term "American Dream" was coined in 1931 by James Truslow Adams, an American writer and historian. He said, "Life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement."

I desired better and more opportunities for my children and myself. For 18 years, I worked for the US Embassy, and my dedication and hard work paid off when I was granted a special immigrant visa in 2012 and subsequently moved to New York. 

In the Philippines, you must be resilient through tough times and work hard to achieve success. Since childhood, I have created goals for myself and worked hard to achieve those goals. 


Achieving my version of the American Dream was not easy. Becoming a flight attendant and author was part of my American Dream. Giving my children better opportunities to use in achieving their own success is an extension of that American Dream. 

Thank you to my employer for featuring my story. I am always grateful for the many opportunities and support around me. 

Please check out the published article here:

Aviation is a diverse industry with immigrants who worked hard and excelled. Just like me, there are many immigrants and flight attendants out there who have achieved their American Dream.  

I believe that we all have the right to dream and the freedom to choose the life we want to have.