SIT AND PLAY


Every day is different in the life of a flight attendant.

There are days when we have a "sit," meaning we wait for an hour or two or maybe longer for our next flight.  Sometimes, we stay on the same plane, and sometimes we sit at the airport.  We call the time when we sit at the airport "airport appreciation." 

Yes, sitting in the airport or waiting for hours can be frustrating.  Most of us find it unproductive.  A good amount of sit is favorable; we use that time to eat. It's a joke I always say that the more I sit, the more I eat. I know, don't condemn me.  I need to have discipline.

On days when we have long sit, I use the time to work on something on my laptop. But when I work with a friend, like Evelyn, we play around and have fun.  It's making the best use of our time. 

It was snowing in Burlington, Vermont, this first week of December.  I love winter when there is only a little snow that I can play with and when the cold is tolerable.