HAPPY 8TH

 



"Happy anniversary to us!" Makeda exclaimed when she saw me at JFK airport. Wow, I didn't realize it's today, May 15! Congrats to us and me for passing the recurrent training.



Speaking of training, my hope is always to get a perfect score. Being here for a while, I should have no excuse.  But you know what, I was happy I passed! I think that's most important. The perfectionist and over-analytical in me make me nervous and why I am always paranoid with this yearly training. 

How long more can I do this job? Not sure.  Being passionate about what I do, I know I will miss this job so much.  I told myself before that this would be my retirement job, and I would do this for as long as possible. 

Eight years is not too long. I know flight attendants who have been doing this job for a long time - 20, 25, 30 + years. I always say I salute them! Sometimes I hear them say they never expected to last that long. 

Time flies so fast.  I vividly remember when I was in the recruitment event in Virginia, well prepared, excited, and at the same time nervous about the outcome of the interview.  The waiting time and the result of the job offer were long waits. The initial training lasted almost a month, with quizzes every other day. And finally, the revelation if I passed the final exam and will be able to join the graduation day! I also remember sobbing so hard after I learned that I had passed! That was a lot! Getting through all these was life-changing.

Honestly, I don't know how long more I will do this job.  Sometimes, I get tired physically, and I've been reevaluating my plans.  But for sure, I will be here for another two years. Beyond that, I can't predict yet.  I will stay until it's best for me. 

On this day, too, I had a long layover in Charleston, South Carolina, with my friend, Benny.  My embassy friends invited us to have dinner with them.  We celebrated my 8th year with their yummy recipes!

As always, I am thankful for all the blessings of friendship and, most especially, the wonderful eight years as a flight attendant.