WHO TWEETED MY CHOCOLATE?

 


"We are home and safe. Thank you, Lia. You made a crappy situation much better.  I hope Delta knows what a wonderful employee you are." This is our flight attendant Lia who deserves recognition. Last night, our flight was diverted from Ottawa, Ontario, to Burlington, Vermont; she saved the flight. She personally bought chocolates for us today. Now that is customer service!"

Compliments and recognitions are factors for motivation.  

I recall this flight on January 11, 2020, when our flight was diverted from Ottawa to Burlington due to weather issues, and I was working on a smaller plane by myself.  It was a long and exhausting flight that took the entire night and day. However, the passengers were all nice and understanding about the situation we couldn't control.



Putting myself in their shoes helps me better understand and recognize their needs. No one wants to have delayed, diverted, or canceled flights. So buying them chocolates was my simple gesture of saying thank you for being nice and understanding. 

If you love your job, you embrace the challenges.  You do your best. You make a crappy situation better. Thanks to Donna, who tweeted me (unexpected), and to all the passengers on this flight who were with me during this experience. 


We are not consistently recognized for our good deeds and don't always expect recognition. Nevertheless, doing the right thing and doing something special to someone gives you a feeling of joy.