LUGGAGE WORKS

 

`
Yes, you see that right! Three bags to maneuver on this tiny isle.

When I was a new flight attendant, my bags were heavier. Throughout these years, I've been hoping to have a lighter load to lessen the weight of carrying and stowing it in the overhead bins.  Because I usually do 4-5 day trip, the amount I have every trip is the same. 

It's eight years now that I've been carrying my luggage, including one bag for personal items with my laptop and a small pouch for food. My right shoulder has started to wear out, especially when I work many hours.  


Being a flight attendant is a physical job, at the same time, mental. Multi-tasking is needed to perform this job well. You need to do things quickly and safely. Decisiveness, assertiveness, and alertness of mind are also crucial to our job.

I sometimes joke that carrying, maneuvering, and stowing my luggage is the hardest part of my job. I'd say, physically, it's the most challenging part. You must embrace this part of your job if you love being a flight attendant.