LIFE LESSONS 101


 

Will you pick up a tattered book? 

In the laundry area at my former apartment in Jacksonville, Florida, there's a waiting area with a bookstand.  I browsed from the collection of books a couple of times and looked for something interesting.  

This book, Life 101 Everything We Wish We Had Learned About Life In School - But Didn't by John-Roger and Peter McWilliams, caught my attention.  The book cover was tattered, but I didn't hesitate to pick it up. 

I've read many motivational books, but I know I would still benefit from this one, no matter how old or tattered the book is.  I thought I would find new wisdom or a reminder of something I may have forgotten.  

I took the book on my trip. I browsed the pages; here's what I found; A timely wisdom I was seeking to find.

"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S Truman