MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL




Psychology experts say, "the mirror is the only option to see how you exactly look like, not from others' perspectives. It gives you self-awareness and helps you to soothe yourself, and it satisfies you about yourself more than anyone else."

How long does it take me to prepare to go to work, from taking a shower to dressing up and putting on my makeup, including the time for making my first cup of coffee and packing my luggage? I don't like rushing, so I give myself an hour to do everything. But if I am pressed with time, give me 30-20 minutes, and I can still do it.

The last thing I do before I head to the door is to look around to see if I forgot something, then look at myself in the mirror. 

This hotel is the only hotel I've seen with this "Mirror Mirror on the wall" that reminds me of the Snow White fairy tale and the beautiful but wicked Queen.  The Queen would stand before the talking mirror to ask: "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of  all?"

I don't look before the mirror and ask the same question. But when I have time, what I do is self-talk.

There is such a thing as a Mirror Technique.  It's a self-confidence-building exercise by standing straight in front of the mirror with your head up and saying powerful affirmations. Science says that being self-confident is the key to success. 

When I was in college, I had a friend who told me I won't let a mirror pass without looking at myself. It's a habit for me that I still do. However, when I was young, looking at myself in the mirror was to check my looks and flaws.  Call me a little vain. It's okay. 

Now, looking in the mirror gives me self-awareness and confidence. And seeing myself in the mirror made me realize that after 52 years, I've accumulated eye bags and some lines on my face, and proud to say that I have aged gracefully. 

So look at yourself in the mirror, self-talk for self-awareness, and build confidence and success.