GIVE ME A SMILE

 

A smile is a facial expression that primarily conveys a positive emotion.  During the pandemic, when we wore a mask, that expression was put on a hidden shelf where it wasn't visible.

I want to remember this gentleman who kept telling me to smile.  He was funny and said we don't see the smile on people's faces with a mask.  I got his message that he doesn't like wearing a mask. Neither do I.

Research says that smiling is powerful. Here are some of the benefits of smiling:

1. You're more attractive

2. Smile is contagious

3. It feels good

4. It is stimulating

5. Reduces stress

6. Builds better and faster relationship

7. Enhances your business

the 'best smile flight attendant' Evelyn

When boarding passengers, welcoming them with a smile and having a quick conversation is typical of what we do.

Passengers react differently when they are boarding. Some of them will smile back at me. Others will even greet me back or say something.  And others will ignore me.  It's okay. People are different, and I have no idea who is having a bad day. It happens a lot.

A study finds that "smiling more often, even faking it, tricks your brain into feeling happy."

Not everybody likes to smile or knows how to fake it. I don't have the best smile, but I sure know how to smile and fake it when I need to. 

"So smile, and the world smiles with you,'' says the famous author Stanley Gordon West.