TRAPPED

 



Have you had an experience when you're trapped somewhere? The feeling must be awful.  

I remember one incident years ago when I felt trapped in a ferry's wheel ride with my kids.  It was a wrong decision, and I know I won't be doing that anymore. My fear of riding a ferry's wheel or a roller coaster is enormous. During the ride, all I did was scream, and I was begging to stop it so I could get off. Of course, it didn't happen, so I felt trapped!

No one wants to be trapped. These poor birds in the airport had made their way inside but couldn't find their way out.  I am glad they found each other.

Speaking of birds, we all remember the US Airways flight to Charlotte, North Carolina, on January 5, 2009, that struck a flock of birds shortly after taking off from New York City's La Guardia Airport and ditched in the Hudson River. There were five crew and 155 passengers on board the aircraft with no fatalities. They call it a "Miracle on Hudson."

According to the Federal Aviation Administration, bird strikes happen daily, causing millions of dollars in damage, but they don't usually cause plane crashes.  I remember we had a flight when we hit a bird and fortunately didn't cause an emergency.  Thank God.

Birds should not be trapped.  They have wings to fly, migrate and touch the sky!