WHERE TO NEXT?

 



Do you have any travel plans or goals?

Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of Tibet, said, "Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before."  This is one of my favorite quotes I used for the I Love Flying journal. 

The biggest perk we have as flight attendants is the privilege to travel the world. I always say that if you love traveling, the flight attendant job is for you. Of course, our chance to travel for free or discounted rate depends basically on the availability of open seats that we can use. Flexibility in our travel plans is required. 

Flight attendants are always on the go. Many of us have our luggage packed with clothes for personal travel after finishing a work trip. Some will do this if they don't have enough days off to go home. I've done this a couple of times.

In October 2018, I wrote in our company newsletter about my trip with my friends to China. The trip was magnificent. Here's the link to my What A Beautiful World blog China Adventure


Some flight attendants are hesitant to use their travel benefits because they fear getting stuck somewhere for various reasons.  I don't blame them.  We all have different levels of tolerance. But if you have time to travel alone or with someone, do it.   

Set your travel goals.  Fill in your bucket list. Find an adventure.  Discover a new country.  Enjoy the experience.  Capture beautiful moments. Write your stories (in a journal). Keep flying and keep traveling. 


I've made some travel goals in the past years and have fortunately accomplished them.  Being focused is key to your accomplishment. 

I am blessed to have this travel privilege I've enjoyed for the past eight years.  Where to go next for me? I may be traveling with someone or alone, just near or maybe far.  Whichever case, I am grateful.