A Note of Hope



It's hard to guess what a person is feeling or whether he or she is in emotional or physical pain unless they tell you.

A woman on my flight to Minneapolis, whom I am guessing is in her mid 50s boarded with her luggage that looks a little heavy. I offered to help her, but she refused and said that she could do it. She was sitted at the back of the plane, so I got a chance to talk to her.

I asked her my typical question if she's going home. She said that  she has a brain tumor and she's having a surgery at Mayo Clinic. She found out her condition not too long ago. She projected  a strong voice. I felt her pain. I couldn't say anything, but asked if she's by herself. She said that her brother will meet her at the hospital and she doesn't know how long she will stay. I assumed that she doesn't have any kids, and her only family is her brother.

I wrote this note to her.  I couldn't offer more help for the pain she feels. But I gave her my attention, words of hope and a prayer. She did thank me.

She seems like a strong woman to me and I admire her.  

There is hope. There is a silver lining.