The Art of Giving




I had this new and nice scarf from the Philippines.

On my flight to Syracuse, I gave it away to someone who works there.  I was having my breakfast, she noticed my scarf and told me that it is beautiful. We later talked and she told me a little bit of her life, that her brother is sick in the hospital, etc.

I felt she needed some nice things to elevate her positive spirit. After breakfast, I went back to the kitchen and looked for her again.  I handed her the scarf. She was thankful.

Later, I learned from my pilot crew that she was talking about it at the kitchen. She's happy that she received that gift from me.

I have this frame in my bedroom that says "Life is not about doing great things, but doing small things in a great way."

I always look for opportunities where I can be that way. It was also a happy day me for me.  Making someone happy boosts my spirit as well.