Comfort Doll







She's on the exit row, sitting the whole time on the lap of a nice lady with her boyfriend.

My curiosity kicked in and and asked her about her doll. She told me that she has this doll since she was a kid. She always brings her whenever she travels because she's afraid of flying.

I always remember my my daughter when I see pillows on the plane.  She has a pillow that she doesn't want me to wash the pillow case. My daughter is now 26 and her pillow must have been 20 yrs old. It's shapeless, filthy and you can imagine how it smells. We've tricked her, bought her a new pillow case and washed it a couple times. That's her go to pillow whenever she's ready to go to sleep.

This doll looks the same. She looks like she has not been washed or taken a bath for a long time.  She's a rag doll that is probably as old as my daughter's pillow.

I see a lot of toys, dolls and pillows on the plane. But this doll is different. She may look untidy but she's happy being with the owner.  She's giving her comfort and joy.