Boundaries



One of my favorite past times is to read.

A friend recommended me this book titled "Boundaries."  It tells you "when to say yes, how to say no, and to take control of your life." It's a great read and I would recommend it.

I used to say Yes a lot in many ways. I grew up in a culture that we always want to be there for someone who needs us.  Doing everything and pleasing someone affect how our life is controlled.  We make our life complicated by unconciously allowing other people run our life.

I am guilty of this.  After reading this book, I've learned some lessons that I need to do, that is aligned from what I want and with freedom.  It thought me how to make my life less complicated.

Having boundaries in any kind of relationship is a good thing.  It helps define the extent of what we can or cannot do.

At work, I need to apply this principle of boundaries.  It is a work environment and everybody needs to be treated professionally.

Boundaries draw the line and gives us protection, respect and sanity.