My Idols




We all have idols whom we admire.

Kids easily pick their idol, whether it's a hero character, a family member or just anybody whom they admire.

I have many idols.  One of them is Oprah.  Her life story and her wisdom are inspiration to me. Og Mandino, Wayne Dyer and John Maxwell are three of my author idols. And my mom, who sacrificed herself working hard to feed and educate her family. She finished two Bachelor's degrees and a Master's degree. She loves books, writing and she doesn't cook, like me. I thanked her for the legacy of education, love for books and writing and the passion for not cooking!

This is not about them.  This is about my two flight attendant idols.

John, was my classmate and my guide during our training. He was my review partner who gave me moral support to receive my "hard earned wings." We don't work together anymore, as he's flying a bigger plane.  He's my friend and a travel partner.

Eugene, was a former flight attendant.  He taught other flight attendants with his role as a check flight attendant.  He's not only a role model to me, but as well as to many of us.  He's an expert on his craft, and has moved to a new position as a manager.

I am proud of both of them.  I am proud to call them my fellow Filipino.

John and Eugene are my idols.