Preparation



The training we had before we recieved our wings didn't end there.

We have what we call IRT or Initial Recurrent Training.  It is a yearly training that we also need to pass before we get recertified as a flight attendant.  It is a shorter one, but we need to do some online courses prior to going to the day of exam. We just have to prepare for it, and we'll be fine.

This time of year, during May is always a little bit stressful for me.  I always start to do my online course as soon as they have it available. I am paranoid that I may not be able to finish it, and I also want to review earlier than cramming myself.

I focus on it.  I pray for it.  And I always believe that I will pass. This photo was my first IRT.  My daughter was reviewing on her accounting exam, while I was concentrating on my own.

Trust me, this feeling of anxiety prior to the IRT day is not just me.  There are more senior ones who go through the same dilemna.

This is my fourth year doing the IRT. It gets easier and easier each year.  And I get more confident every year. I am heading on my 5th year this coming May.

I am looking forward to another 5 years to pass the IRT. To enjoy the job that I do and the lifetime benefits of flying for free.