Office Job




Do I miss my office job?

I still use the computer once in a while.  During my "reserve days," I used to do a lot on the computer like checking and printing my schedule.  When I was doing the mentor position, I sat with my laptop in the crew room for a week.

The truth is, I am not a technology savvy person.  I always ask my kids whenever I have issues with whatever technology I am using, be it a computer or a phone.  Well, when they are unreachable to hep me, I have no choice than to deal with it myself.

Back during my embassy days, I used to do a lot of computer work. Now, I only use it to write my blogs.  I am glad those days are over.

So to answer the question - do I miss my office job? I do miss some things about it - some of my former colleagues, the camaraderie, the diplomatic environment and fun activities and events. But sitting for 8 hrs doing an office job, with computer and paperwork, is a thing of the past for me.

I am grateful for those wonderful long years, including the experience and the people who surrounded me.  And I am happy and contented for what I am doing now.