Mr. Bruce on Cuba Trip









Have you tried Bruce ice cream?

I picked up this trip to Havana because I wanted to know more about how to plan my personal trip.  Cuba has been on my list.  It would be interesting to see how a former communist country and with a culture that has not been fully influenced by technology.

On my flight, this gentleman on first class overheard me that I live in Jacksonville. He asked me if I've tried Bruster's ice cream. I wanted to be polite; I lied and told him that I've heard about that but haven't tried. He told me that I should try.

While he was deplaning, he yelled at me and said "you should try Bruster's ice cream, I am Bruce!"

No wonder why he asked me to try it. He is apparently the owner. I got curious and checked him online. He's telling the truth! I thought this was a funny anecdote.

One of the things I love about my job is that I meet interesting people. Some are famous, most of them are not. Some of them have stories to share. Some of them are indifferent, and most of them are nice.