Ready for Take Off




Am I ready?

I am compliant. I had my breakfast and my second cup of coffee. I am prepared for the day. So I am ready.

Every day I go to work, I follow a routine.  This routine helps me to be systematic and organized.  From checking my first flight in the morning, making my first cup of coffee, taking a shower, eating my breakfast, putting on my uniform, hair and make-up, to fixing my luggage and checking the hotel room if I don't forget anything.

When I arrive on the plane, I also have a routine to follow. From doing the pre-flight, checking the cabin and making sure it is clean, checking the supply for catering, organizing and preparing the galley for the flight.

I need to be ready for the passengers, and greet them with a smile.  I also need to be ready for any challenges I may face during the day. And ready for the unlikely medical or plane emergency I may encounter during the flight.

All of these have been a routine for me for the past years.  The irony is, in avation life, everyday is different. The delays, weather forecast, plane maintenance issues, and passenger situations are factors that make the days different.

We are scheduled to land in New York, but there will be a possibility that we'll land in Connecticut. We are scheduled to arrive on time, but it also also likely that we'll arrive 4 hrs later. We are hoping that we the flight that we'll take to go home will be delayed in favor of us, but they will leave few minutes early.

Flight Attendant life is an interesting life.  It is both hard and easy. I have to be ready for those surprises that I will encounter.

We need to be ready for take off and landing.  That's what I do.